Return to Health Matters
Blackberry and coconut squares recipe
This recipe combines the antioxidant benefits of blackberries alongside energy boosting organic coconut oil to create a tasty treat. You can also use ZyloSweet in place of sugar to minimise the calories.
- 250g self-raising flour
- 25g oats
- 280g of ZyloSweet (or soft brown sugar)
- 200g Organic coconut oil
- 75g dessicated coconut
- 2 medium eggs
- 350g fresh or frozen blackberries
- Heat the oven to 180C and line a 12” x 6” baking tin.
- Tip the flour, oats and sugar or ZyloSweet into a large bowl. Mix the coconut oil into the flour mixture until only small pea size pieces remain. Stir through the coconut by hand.
- Fill a teacup with the mixture and set aside.
- Mix the eggs into the bowl of mixture, then flatten into the baking tin. Smooth the surface with the back of a spoon, then scatter over the blackberries. Top with the reserved teacup of mixture.
- Bake for about 1 hour until golden. Leave to cool, then remove from the tin and cut into squares.
- Serve with some extra berries and crème fraîche.