This recipe is the epitome of the Mediterranean diet and is packed with nutrients including omega 3s to give your heart a protective boost. Perfect with a glass of red!
INGREDIENTS SERVES 4
• 3 yellow, orange or red peppers
• 8 medium vine tomatoes
• 2 aubergines, left whole and pricked all over with a fork
• 1 red onion, cut into quarters
• 6 cloves of garlic left unpeeled
• 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
• 3-4 sprigs of fresh thyme (or half a teaspoon of dried thyme)
• 4 salmon fillets
• Juice of half a lemon
• 25g fresh basil – roughly torn
• Salt and pepper to taste
Preheat the oven to 2000C, 1800C fan, gas mark 6.
Add all the vegetables, thyme and garlic to a large roasting pan. Use your hands to coat
all the vegetables with a tablespoon of the olive oil, then season with salt and pepper.
Roast for 45 minutes.
Remove from the oven and make space to add the salmon fillets, season them then
pop back into the oven and cook for another 15-20 minutes until the salmon is cooked
Once cooked, remove the garlic from the pan, and squeeze it out of its skin – mash with a
fork. Add the mashed garlic to the lemon juice and remaining tablespoon of olive oil and
whisk to make a dressing.
Remove the stalks from the aubergines, peppers and tomatoes, roughly tear
Higher Nature Limited. All Rights Reserved. Copyright © 2019 Registered in England No. 02834800