Return to Health Matters
Spicy apple cider vinegar and strawberry relish recipe
Organic apple cider vinegar has been known for its health giving benefits since Hippocratic times. Natural apple cider vinegar should be slightly cloudy because it contains the highly nutritious ‘mother’. The ‘mother’ contains a wealth of pectin, trace minerals, friendly bacteria and enzymes. It can be mixed into salad dressings, sauces, marinades and pickling recipes, or why not try this recipe for spicy apple cider vinegar and strawberry relish.
- 2tbsp Organic Apple Cider Vinegar
- 2 tbsp orange juice
- 1 tbsp wholegrain mustard
- 1t bsp honey
- ½ tsp grated orange peel
- ½ tsp red pepper flakes
- 2 cups strawberries, sliced
- 3 tbsp raisins
- 3tbsp walnuts, chopped
- Blend together the organic apple cider vinegar, orange juice, mustard, honey, orange peel and red pepper flakes.
- Add strawberries, raisins and walnuts and mix.
- Leave the mixture to infuse for 6 hours, then strain off the excess liquid which can be used as a salad dressing.